Teenage Stress and Cranio Sacral Therapy
- 2nd May, 2018
There are numerous things that can cause teenage stress, such as:
Exam worries, social media, body image, work, bullying, discrimination, caring for other family members, friendships, family conflict, alcohol and other drug use, tension between cultural worlds, high personal expectations or high expectations from parents, teachers and friends.
You can help your child with stress by listening, spending time together and doing things that make your child feel good.
Healthy lifestyle changes to reduce stress in teenagersinclude:
- Doing some physical activity – exercise can help to relax the body and burns off the stress hormone, cortisol.
- Relax and unwind – this could include listening to music, reading a book, going for a walk or having a bath.
- Spending time with family and friends – do the things your child enjoys with the people they enjoy being with.
- Eat good food – include plenty of fruit and veg in your diet and maintain a healthy eating pattern.
- Sleep is essential – a child needs around 9¼ hours of sleep a night.
Cranio Sacral Therapy (CST) can also hugely help with teenage stress:
Stress can be exhausting and can feel you leaving very low and helpless which can manifest itself in numerous physical symptoms. CST works with our underlying health, rather than simply treating just the symptoms.
Cranio Sacral Therapy works with the patient to guide their self-correcting mechanisms to change the negative effects of stress by providing the conditions in which the nervous system can rest and rejuvenate.
Using a non-invasive and non-intrusive gentle touch that focusses on you allowing your parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems to be in harmony with each other, Cranio Sacral Therapy gently manipulates any tensions and blockages within the spinal column. Emotions that have been stored as tension within your system may be released, thus allowing your body to work in unison and homeostasis to return.
CST work can also be highly effective in helping the return of mental clarity and abundant energy after a life style change, and sometimes helps with depression.
CST can also address depression, anxiety, headaches, insomnia, acute and chronic pain, immune system disorders, muscular pain and digestive problems plus many other ailments.