Hot stone massage therapy has been used in many different cultures for many years. Healers used rocks from the river beds and warmed them either in hot coals or hot water. Placing the hot stones on cloth on the body and arranging them along the energy centres of the body would help to relax the muscles and reduce pain or discomfort, boosting a healing process.
The placing of the stones can be followed by a massage, which can be deeper and more intense as heat penetrates the body and relaxes the muscles.
Hot stone massage therapy can help in the treatment of numerous symptoms, including; muscular aches, pains and strains, rheumatic and arthritic conditions, Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia, back pain, and insomnia. It also helps to improve circulation and can help reduce stress, anxiety, tension and depression.
In certain cases cold stones can also be used to help muscular injury and inflammation. Warm stones expand the blood vessels, helping to move blood faster around the body, sedating the nervous system. The application of cold stones stimulates the nervous system by causing the blood vessels to contract and increasing the lymph flow of waste materials round the body.
During a treatment the client lies on a couch or a series of flat hot and cool stones – covered by a thick towel – that trace the spine. The therapist applies oil to the skin and glides the stones across the body’s meridian lines. In some treatments large stones are placed on the body, in the palms of the hands, and coin-sized stones are lightly wedged between the toes. Heated Chakra stones align and balance chief energy centres, benefiting the whole body, not just specific areas.
Lea Miller, a highly qualified experienced therapist will undertake the treatment.
Call Lea on 07970 633160 for more details or to book an appointment.
Caring for your body by eating better, having more sleep, making time to relax and keeping yourself moving can have a significant impact on your health.
By eating more healthily you could:
- Have more energy
- Lower your risk of health problems like diabetes, cancer and strokes
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Improve your mood
By sleeping better:
- You can keep your heart healthier
- Reduce stress
- Improve your memory
- Repair your body quicker
- Slow your heart rate.
- Reduce stress hormones
- Lower blood pressure.
- Reduce muscle tension and chronic pain
By moving more you can:
- Improve your health
- Reduce your risk of serious health problems
- Increase your energy levels
- Maintain a healthy weight
Call Lea Miller om 07970 633160 to discuss how she can help you achieve your goals and live a healthier lifestyle.
It’s quicker to type and easier to remember so makes life much simpler for all our clients and associates.
Call us on 07970 633160 to find out about more of the exciting changes we have coming up.
You probably know there are many health benefits to drinking water, but how much water should you drink?
Drinking water regularly throughout the day has immense benefits to us, both mentally and physically.
Here are a few of the benefits:
- It relieves tiredness and makes the body function much more efficiently. When you’re dehydrated, you won’t be as alert or be able to concentrate as well.
- It can actually make your muscles stronger as water carries oxygen to the cells of your body, including your muscles. Being well hydrated enables your muscles to work longer and harder before they feel tired.
- It aids weight loss by filling you up and suppressing your appetite and water has zero calories!!
- Water helps to transport waste products in and out of your cells, while your kidneys and liver flush those waste products and other toxins out of your body.
- It helps with digestion of your food by boosting yourmetabolism and helping your body breakdown the food you eat.
- It can help reduce headaches and migraines which are often caused by dehydration.
- It can help improve your mood as even mild dehydration can have a negative impact on your mood.
- It promotes healthy skin by replenishing skin tissue and increases elasticity in your skin which can help reduce the signs of ageing!
- It can help reduce oral bacteria and stop your breath smelling by washing away food particles and bacteria in your mouth.
- Most importantly it keeps you alive!!!
We’re not asking you to drink pints and pints of water in one go, just drink regularly throughout the day and we’re sure you’ll notice the difference. Try to aim for drinking about two litres of water per day.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and pour yourself a glass of water, not just today, but everyday.